Junior Development Support and Test Engineer – ORCA US
We are seeking a talented and motivated individual to join our team as a Junior Development Support and Test Engineer. This position offers an exciting opportunity for recent graduates with a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Physics to kick-start their career in a dynamic and innovative environment.
What you’ll be doing:
- Conduct testing of integrated photonic circuits to ensure functionality and performance meet specifications.
- Assist in the development of embedded software for control and monitoring of photonic devices and associated test equipment.
- Contribute to prototyping activities, including assembly and testing of experimental setups.
- Help manage inventory of components and materials essential for development and testing activities.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to design and optimize PCB layouts for photonic circuits.
- Perform data analysis to extract meaningful insights from experimental results.
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- Your positivity and passion to thrive in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Physics.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Programming proficiency (Python and C/C++ are preferred).
- Familiarity with embedded systems and software development tools.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of PCB layout design principles is a plus.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Understanding of photonics principles and concepts is advantageous but not required.
About ORCA Computing
ORCA Computing develops full-stack photonic quantum computers with the aim of unlocking new fields of applications and helping transform industries. By combining proprietary technology with off-the-shelf telecom components, we provide a unique approach to address use cases such as machine learning and optimisation. With a number of government and enterprise customers around the world, we are actively deploying and applying our technologies to real world challenges. ORCA Computing is also the project lead in the multi-year Innovate UK Quantum Data Centre of the Future project which is bringing together experts in quantum technologies, cybersecurity, data centres and telecommunications to develop solutions for a quantum future.
ORCA Computing’s multidisciplinary team of quantum scientists, engineers and mathematicians are developing hardware and architectures to completely change the face of high-performance computing and networking, from near-term quantum devices and applications to universal, fault-tolerant quantum computers.
We are growing and providing the opportunity to work at the leading edge of quantum alongside world renowned experts, expanding your skillset and forging wonderful relationships along the way. Our teams enjoy a collaborative, friendly, and dynamic environment with the goal of bringing the best out of each other to achieve the very heights of what is possible.
We offer workplace flexibility with generous benefits, holiday allowance and equity. There are significant opportunities for learning, growth, and exciting new responsibilities. We also offer membership to our ORCA rock climbing team.
To apply, please send a cover letter and a copy of your CV/resume (including publication record) to: email@example.com including the job title in the subject heading.
ORCA does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, colour, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.