Lab Technician – ORCA UK
We are currently seeking an experienced lab technician to join our delivery team to manage lab and manufacturing facilities and support the delivery team project and manufacturing activities.
What you’ll be doing:
- Maintaining the laboratory and manufacturing facilities, including lab environment monitoring, infrastructure management and maintenance/organisation and stock management
- Liaising with suppliers and purchasing for project and manufacturing
- Goods in, stock control and stock documentation/reporting
- Supporting common laboratory tasks, such as 3d printing and basic mechanical/optical assembly
- Uphold ethics and values of the company
- Working on-site at ORCA offices
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- Experience of working in and/or maintaining a laboratory and/or manufacturing facility (preferably in an optics environment)
- Experience of purchasing and stock control in a technical environment
- Experience of supporting basic laboratory tasks
- Experience of stock control processes and systems is desirable
- Experience of cryogenics and/or compressed gasses is desirable
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with the wider teams
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Motivated, independent, good team worker and well organised
- Problem solving skills and analytical ability
- Ability to think creatively
- Experience of Microsoft office suite
- Experience of Microsoft SharePoint is desirable
About ORCA Computing
ORCA Computing develops full-stack photonic quantum computers with the aim of unlocking new fields of applications and helping transform industries. By combining proprietary technology with off-the-shelf telecom components, we provide a unique approach to address use cases such as machine learning and optimisation. With a number of government and enterprise customers around the world, we are actively deploying and applying our technologies to real world challenges. ORCA Computing is also the project lead in the multi-year Innovate UK Quantum Data Centre of the Future project which is bringing together experts in quantum technologies, cybersecurity, data centres and telecommunications to develop solutions for a quantum future.
ORCA Computing’s multidisciplinary team of quantum scientists, engineers and mathematicians are developing hardware and architectures to completely change the face of high-performance computing and networking, from near-term quantum devices and applications to universal, fault-tolerant quantum computers.
We are growing and providing the opportunity to work at the leading edge of quantum alongside world renowned experts, expanding your skillset and forging wonderful relationships along the way. Our teams enjoy a collaborative, friendly, and dynamic environment with the goal of bringing the best out of each other to achieve the very heights of what is possible.
We offer workplace flexibility with generous benefits including a pension plan, holiday allowance and equity. There are significant opportunities for learning, growth, and exciting new responsibilities.
To apply, please send a cover letter and a copy of your CV/resume (including publication record, if applicable) to: firstname.lastname@example.org including the job title in the subject heading.
ORCA does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, colour, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.